View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Hahaha....you picked that....

Century would have made it a golden Egg...
Here you go so even you were waiting for his ton. The difference between him being a pocha dim and golden egg is only 3 runs. 3 runs !!!!!!!! He could have been out the very next ball after hitting his century just the way he did against NZ. But fans would forgive him because he got that ton and now that he did all the hard work till 97 and got out with a stupid shot his heroics faded. By no means I'm justifying that moronic shot he got out to, but giving you the perspective here. If we fans were thinking only about his ton at that moment it's only natural that he thought that too for that split second.

Anyways after reading cricinfo report now I can slightly understand why he tried that shot. He was in utter pain and probably he was thinking that he might not be able to bat the next day so why not try the luck. Here:

"We have decided that he [Shakib Al Hasan] will take no further part in the second Test match and will miss the two ODIs in Khulna," Bangladesh's physio Vibhav Singh said."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/592914.html

So he was most probably going to miss the next day or might not be fit enough to last long so he took a chance. We can always criticize his temperament issue here but accusing him of being selfish or not commited towards his country is so not right. We should cut him some slack. He deserves that much respect from us I believe.