View Single Post
Old June 3, 2010, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

BDs goal atm should be trying to make massive test scores, we're doing ok now, taking matches to the 5th day but we're still not putting matches into a zone where it's impossible to lose and that's a 1-2 year goal BD can work on atm and something thaqt can be done with just good batsmen, obviously in the long run they need good bowlers as well to win the matches.

now as far as who's going where, i think tamim has a good career ahead of him, i reckon shakib, riyad and naeem are going to be good consistent players in the long run, i think shuvagoto is a really good prospect, junaid has surprised me recently and if he keeps this up then he'll be a solid player for us. bowling wise i think shakib will be the mainstay spinner and strike bowler for awhile, i'm confident we can turn at least a couple of sajidul, rubel, shafiul, subashis etc into decent test bowlers to give shakib some back-up and i think with guys like shuvo, shabbir, bur, shaker, mahmudul up and coming that we have some good prospects in the spinning and spinning allrounder dpeartment.

it would be nice if a the first 50+ batsmen came out of this generation but i don't think it should be expected because that's a massive jump for BD, tamim averaging close to 40 now is awesome for BD and i expect him to keep it up if not get better. riyad, shakib and naeem should all end their test careers averaging around 35, hopefully closer to 40 or higher but again that would be a massive jump for BD compared to the consistency the last generation of players were producing. junaid is averaging 35 at #3 in tests, he's really stepped it up lately so if he keeps it up he'll end with a decent average as well.

its hard to pick ending career stats for bowlers tbh, shakib should end his career averaging around 30 i would think, although he's so young and still could improve alot so he could end it closer to 25 if he gets a lot better and gets a bit better support from the other end more consistently.

Last edited by Gowza; June 3, 2010 at 01:15 AM..