View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Always a cyclical performer with the bat, I just hope he hits his up-cycle soon and his down-cycles become shorter in duration. If not, his place should justifiably be in jeopardy even as a batsman. He needs to succeed at least one out of three times at bat with a 50+ score while never scoring below 30-35. A century once every 15 at bat would also be nice. I believe he's more than capable of doing that consistently.

His keeping simply isn't good enough -- non-existent lateral footwork for such a tiny guy with limited range, coupled with fluctuating focus especially when it comes to keeping for spinners -- and his on-field captaincy is even worse than HaBa's, a massive achievement in its own right in terms of abject cluelessness AND prolonged brain freezes. I strongly believe he'll perform better with the bat without the burden of captaincy and wicket keeping.

Dhiman, the best keeper in the country by a mile and talented but not quite as talented as Mushfiq with the bat, should get an extended run behind the stumps anyway. Sohan, immensely talented but not quite there with the bat yet, will eventually replace Dhiman. Bijoy is also a far better keeper than Mushfiq, our adorable little spillster.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)