View Single Post
Old March 16, 2017, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Shakib has crap technique. He wouldn't survive 2 overs of Sandakan without offering bat pad 3 chances. I'll take Chandimal dropping one out in the deep over that because those are the only options we have.

Unless you - like some fans - want us to drop Shakib and Tamim and Mushfiq so that SN, Tushar, and Javed Omar can be recalled.

Whatever he is - genius or gadha - Shakib is the best we have. He needs to be batting at #6 or 7 and we should never have dropped Mominul. Sabbir is not a Test batsman, at least not a top order one. Not yet anyways.

Tamim
Soumya/Imrul
Mominul
Mushy
Mosaddek
Shakib
Litton/Nurul
Mehedi
Taijul/Roy
Taskin
Mustafiz

that should be the team and the order. But no drop the guy who averages 47 even though he hardly plays and therefore needs time to find his groove. LKD injury was unfortunate.

No matter what, there are certain players that you can't drop. Tamim, Mushy, Shakib, Mustafiz, Mominul, Taskin are in that category.

Drop them at your peril.

In a way I'm glad we collapsed like we did. We deserve it. You dropped a guy averaging 47 and expect to win a Test?
You are putting words into my mouth. Go back and check where I said I am not for dropping the trio in the other thread but I am for criticizing them where its due. But we should not tolerate suicides. What Shakib was doing was absolutely mindless and looks like he is not there playing for the team. He might have scored 10,000 runs which he never will btw but he cant play like this. He doesnot have a solid technique doesnot mean he will go all out with 2 overs left. Try to differentiate please. It will help you understanding cricket better.