View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 02:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We went to Mirpur Stadium for yesterday's match. Poorfan, Rabz and me were present along with some of our friends and relatives. It was a real fun time.

The environment became foggy since the evening. Fog became heavier as game progressed. It was so foggy ,during Mominun and Nasir were batting, that I couldn't see the stamps from the gallery. I am sure the batsmen were having big problems in playing fast bowler like Roach and fast medium bowler like Russel that time because of the low visibility. To me our chase of 218 was as tough as chasing 300+ runs on a regular ODI conditions. Our boys played extremely well to reach the target.

The fielders were also having big problems in sighting the ball specially when ball was in the air.

Me, Rabz and Poorfan had been discussing several times that we were playing in early English conditions. I still recon that we should not play day-night match during December-January.
still its possible to find playable conditions under lights in the night.

but guess whats going today morning ....... it is still foggy here in mirpur, so if we had a day game scheduled today, it would have been not possible to start it yet. because in day time the floodlights doesnt come into effect.

dew surely plays an important factor, but if u have good bowlers and if they bowl good u can neutralize the factor. its hard for BD as we dont have enough good pacers and so dependent on spin.

still i feel the dew did not had enough impact as it had in the series where we could not defend india's chase of 290. that tri-nation series impact of dew was so evident with all the three teams dependent on spinners and lacked good pacers.

the debate will go on and will never end ...... but let the cricket and our victories go on