View Single Post
Old September 10, 2011, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

For the last 8 years, I've always recommended Dell laptops. Unfortunately, since they started building more laptops in China (instead of Malaysia), the build quality seems to have declined. More and more people getting laptops these days with defects. I bought an XPS L701X earlier this year (really pimped up configuration), and it came with a major defect straight out of the box which could have been easily picked up if there was any level of quality control... and I'm not the only person who received the same laptop with the exact same defect. The laptop itself is not bad though, well worth the money... just that the initial screw-up has put me off Dell now! They were, however, kind enough to send a technician to my house to replace the part (even though my warranty did not cover on-site repair).

BTW, do NOT buy the overpriced Alienware crap!

But, like someone said already, it all depends on what you are going to do with your laptop, and how portable you need it to be. I use mine for gaming (including PS2 emulation, which it does amazingly well), streaming SD/HD videos to PS3 (and sometimes watching on the laptop itself), and general Internet stuff...