View Single Post
Old March 14, 2012, 01:10 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Our last 2 under 19 coaches were Nazmul Abedin Fahim and Minhazul Abedin Nannu. Both of them failed to inspire the under 19 teams. But mind you both are considered highly respected local coaches.

Its too late, but for the under 19 team we need top quality international coaches who will bring in novel ideas, and modern coaching methods. McIness was a big success because of his modern coaching techniques and tough ways. His style of coaching wasnt something our guys are used to. He used to run the under 19 team with military discipline focusing heavily on fitness, discipline, technique, teamwork and so on. His camp was so intense and rigorous a lot of players even had walked out-one notable example is Aftab Ahmed who found his camp too difficult.

That is what we need at age group level. Coaches who can bring in discipline and make the players mentally tough. If there are four types of coaches-technician, motivator, taskmaster, tactician- i would say Bangladesh needs a taskmaster. I have nothing against local coaches, all i am saying as an internationally trained and qualified coach brings in a lot more to the table.
A great coach should be all four of those things in bold above.

But more than this. He should be a father figure, someone you can trust, be fair in all circumstances and be a superb man-manager. World class coaches are hard to find. But if you look hard enough, you can find one or two