View Single Post
Old September 14, 2002, 06:50 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default WE WON

Well, I am just glad that we can finally beat Holland. Whew.

We did however perform (bowled) admirably in the last few overs against Holland. Our players are always 'Dil Doriya', never a dull moment when we are out there. Just look at how 'considerate' our bowlers were to their last wicket. Their number 11 (Schiferli, 47 off 41) was specially favored by Shujon. Manju still remains our number one. Manju got rid of the real threats before they could settle down and Rafique did an excellent job combing through the middle order.

We've already talked about Al 'the gunner' Rokon who goes in and out of the crease before you can blink your eyes (unless he is lucky). There's Mazhar 'mini Akram' Huq, and Tusher 'consistently inconsistent' Imran. I am pretty sure Adeel's bowling wasn't as tough as they made it out to be. His figure (10-0-44-4) clearly shows that. However, we should not forget how we folded against Danish Kaneria. You don't see him playing for Pakistan that much but when they sent him against Bangladesh, he sure looked like a million dollars.
As for the Holland team, I am surprised that Mol, Lefebvre, Zuiderent, Van troost and De Leede didn't whack us cause believe me, they are more than capable of doing that.