View Single Post
Old August 26, 2018, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
after having my camera for some time, I have come to realize, the only thing i care about taking good pics of are people. Don't care about anything else.. just want good shots of ppl candid shots, creative shots....

puck give me some tips on how to achieve that. Actually u know what.. just post some of your people shots and run through it... maybe we can try to replicate that.. that would be great thanks.
Sadly, there is no easy answer to getting the candid shots apart from just being there! It is sort of difficult to get these candid photos if you know the people you are photographing and they are aware of your presence. In these instances, I feel that a smaller device and even a camera phone might be the answer. Basically, if they happen to know you are there, usually the candid moment is ruined. There are some exceptions as I personally feel that a well throught out group selfie could somehow replicate these moments as people are more relaxed in groups.

Half my living for the last few years have been through wedding and events photography, brfore that I did quite a bit of local rag publication photojurnalism. Photojournalism is easier for candids because in crowds you will be able to capture moments easier even if you are using a big camera. I think you are in the US? If it is 'safe', a great emplasis on safety should be your primary concern, go to a political gathering and take some photos. Any old DSLR and whatever lens you have is fine. As I got more confident, I was happy to step right in front with a wideangle lens, but most photojournalists use a wideangle zoom as the workhorse.

I am not going to post my website here as I get too much spam from SEO experts from Bangladesh already, but happy to send it to you as a PM. Alternatively, happy to upload some crowd candids on flicrk sometime!