Thread: Style
View Single Post
Old April 20, 2006, 11:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
You can see that only 22.2% of his dismissal against pacers are from Bowled/LBW, while Bowled/LBW percentage against spinners is 50%. This suggests that he is a better player of pace.

Dismissed
Bowled
Ct (Fielder)
Ct (WK)
Stumped
LBW
% of Dismisal
Pace
53%
Spin
47%

Yeah true, so far what i have seen of aftab his technique against spin is not that great. But we also remember that he was caught by wicketkeepers 4 times and out of 3 outs (ct by fielders) 2 were in the slip cordon, that makes 77.78% of those out against the pacers behind the wicket and add those two LBW, just do not suggest him to be a good opener, I guess, because opening is something very specialzed job. Actually its too early to comment on his potentials based on just 9 tests. I believe he doesn't open (u may argue that Rajin is doing well as opener in the ODI even though he doesn't open in domestic level, but imo rajin got the determination and technique to see the new ball off, and ofcourse we are talking about tests here) in our domestic matches as well. We should try him as opener (if we really want to see him in that position in the future) in the NCL first, if he comes good then it will be certainly a good news for us.