View Single Post
Old March 27, 2013, 11:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Purpose of Shahbag is to ensure gallows for the most heinous war criminals.... it is sad that people cant see beyond petty politics....
Make me an all powerful government, give me a bunch of nationalistic and idealistic, out of work, recently graduated arts student, make me morally bankrupt and I will give you a shahbagh like movement every weekend at wholesale price.

Einstein once famously said: "Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."

A true patriot fights against:

Status Quo
The establishment
Corruption
Inefficiency
A government that feels it is not accountable

In shahbag we have this "movement" that is not only agreeable to the status quo, it is supported by and protected by the government. If anything, its a massive jingoistic bukkake-fest. Just listening to the buzz-words used by media to describe shabagh I feel that George Orwell must be rolling in his grave.

And no kiddo, its not the place for the general public to demand what type of punishment any individual or anyone, no matter how big of a criminal, or how big his crime is, gets. Thats the job of the judiciary system. The job of the people is to make sure that judiciary system applies its laws equally and fairly, no matter who that person is and according to the law. So when and if in the future you are on the chopping block of the justice system, and there is no shabagh movement to save your *ss; you don't have to worry about the justice system screwing sh*t up and it applies the law equally and fairly to everyone, no matter what that person did.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.