View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 06:19 PM
Administrator

DHAKA, April 4, 2013

Media Release

Regarding Champions League T20 2013

Bangladesh Premier League reigning champions Dhaka Gladiators was shocked to learn that despite having the ability to compete, the team was not considered for the upcoming season of Champions League T20.

Dhaka Gladiators managing director Shihab Chowdhury was left stunned and said: “I still can’t believe that in spite of all the positive vibes, we were kept out of the CPL T20 this year and to be honest I couldn’t find and logic to that.

“ICC cannot interfere on this issue as CPLT20 is a private tournament. But we expected and were waiting for a meeting with one the organizers, BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India), of the tournament. We were also said that things are on track but the fixture was released before we could even make a move. We were informed that Bangladesh Cricket Board was supposed to recommend and request BCCI. But surprisingly this was also never done."

“We were even said by the concerned that process is going and there was a very good chance for us to participate in the tournament this year but no communication was made by the concerned thus we were not considered.

“Being able to participate in the Champions League T20 would have been a pride not only for us but for the whole of Bangladesh but we saw a minimal effort made by the concerned to push us to the CPL T20. This year we tried to put up the best possible team not only in BPL but also one of the best in the world keeping in mind that we will make it into the CPL T20 this time around.

“BPL is not only a successful tournament in Bangladesh but is I believe the second favorite after India Premier League and for which I font find a possible reason why a side that which has one of the best line-up in the world will not be considered for the tournament.

“What we learnt from this experience is there is actually no outcome of putting up a good team spending huge amount of money as at the end of the day we are heading nowhere. If only being the champion is the ultimate feedback, then we are afraid to inform that from next season we will consider making a team for survival in BPL only.

“The tournament is in September and we believe that there is still time for the concerned to step up and push the Gladiators into the tournament of the champions.

--
Media and Communication
BPL Franchise - Dhaka Gladiators