View Single Post
Old June 9, 2010, 02:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
That means we can only prepare quicker pitches in BD, but not create swing-able conditions, hence our batsmen will always be weak against genuine quality swing bowling
its the same for indians. they havent been able to produce that kind of pitches. swingable pitces for the same reasons.

but we can make seamable piches if we leave enough live grass and bowlers have good grips and release.

i played very little cricket with real cricket ball. for around year in school. and then 2 months in college (only practice and trial for college team, no games). i never had a bowling coach but in a program i saw kapil dev saying what are the grips for swinging or seaming the ball in and out. i always tried it. but got very little in the pitches which were bald.

but oneday while i was warming up bowling beside the pitch in grass, no batsman only WK receiving ball i noticed the ball seaming. after that day i regularly when got chance tried it and saw the difference on bowling grass. and also on days after rain, wet grass, wet days i saw the ball swinging.

well actually those seam and swing never happened in bald pitches i played. very little when i pitched it up almost full toss.

but leave real cricket ball. lets talk about TAPE TENNIS BALL. i was the master of swing in TAPE TENNIS ball in all my school, college and versity days. what i need is let me tape the ball with a little secret. also if somebody else does it i will need three four trial deliveries to asses if there is any glitch in the ball that i can exploit to swing the Tape Tennis ball.

Last edited by al-Sagar; June 9, 2010 at 07:12 AM..