View Single Post
Old September 28, 2008, 06:35 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Khaled Mashud Pilot Retires from International Cricket

Khaled Mashud retires from International Cricket

Former Bangladesh captain Khaled Mashud has decided to retire from international cricket. Mashud informed the Bangladesh Cricket Board of his decision in a letter on Thursday, 25 September 2008.

'I intend to retire from all forms (Tests, ODIs & T20 Internationals) of international cricket with immediate effect. I have made this decision after a lot of soul searching and this is a very emotional moment for me.'

'For the last 13 years I have tried to serve the country to the best of my ability and I thank the Board for putting faith in my capabilities as a player and captain. I would also like to thank all the cricketers I have been privileged enough to have as teammates, coaches and officials for their support during my career as a Bangladesh player. It has been an honour to play for Bangladesh,' Mashud said in his letter.

BCB officials met Mashud today (Sunday, 28 September 2008) and a cordial discussion was held regarding his retirement plans. The Board later accepted the country's most successful wicketkeeper's decision to retire with considerable regret.

The BCB gratefully acknowledges Mashud's immense contribution to the National Team for over a decade and is heartened by the fact that he has offered his unconditional commitment to Bangladesh cricket and the cause of the game's development in this country.

Despite retiring from internationals, Mashud will continue to play first class for Rajshahi Division.

Mashud Facts

Specialty: Right-handed batsman/Wicketkeeper
ODI Debut: Against India at Sharjah on April 5, 1995
ODI Stats:

Matches
Innings
Not Out
Runs
Highest
Average
BF
SR