Thread: For those...
View Single Post
Old April 9, 2005, 09:31 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
As Bashar said in one of his interviews prior to England tour that they were not anymore afraid of who would be the opponent, I think this is the best attitude he injects into our boys' brain cell.
I am not really worried about our being orphan, but what I fear is that the above attitude that Whatmore had injected in our players' minds, it will be thrown out by them in time and they will forget to go into matches thinking about winning.

It happened to us before - I've seen it in my own eyes.

Do you remember the time when we were terrific fielders - starting from the world cup 1999? And then upto Trevor Chappell's tenure? We were great fielders for a time period, but then when did we actually start to forget our fielding?

I can't answer that, but I remember it clearly that it was pointed out to me by our favorites - Hannan Sarkar, Alok Kapali, Md. Ashraful - they suddenly became 'horrible' fielders from Aminul Islam/Akram Khan's being 'terrific' fielders.

What went wrong where? Yes, the sheer number of players had changed due to wrong or inexperienced selection policy, but shouldn't our senior players transform their knowledge - at least in the fielding department to our juniors?

It should have been, but it didn't. This is where we will ultimately fail to comprehend - this is my WORST FEAR.

In short, when or if Bashar/Pilot/Sujon/Rafique/Ashraful/Rajin/Tapash/Mashrafee - these bunch of senior players are once retired or out of the team one by one, then our new set of players - who are yet to be coached by Dav Whatmore - will fail horribly because the Ashrafuls & Rajins will not be able to pass on the knowledge that were 'taught' by Whatmore to the newcomers.