View Single Post
Old January 6, 2017, 06:06 PM
Test Cricketer

My two cents:

I am a big believer of "Average". In a nutshell, We have only couple of players who are consistent enough to compete in the International level.

NZ tour showed our average picture, where we really stand. This is not something new that we collapse every now and then in Batting or get whacked when bowling. We have seen these many times in last 10 years or so.

So why was our expectation so high in NZ tour? We thought we played well since world cup? You will notice we sucked big time before 2015 world cup. Lets look at our ODI performance since 2011.
From 2011 world cup till just before 2015 world cup
We lost all the series accept West Indies and New Zealand in our own turf. We all know how weak they are in south asian pitches. During those time we lost both series in Zimbabwe.

2015 World cup we beat England - they were in poor form and we won it last minute
2015 win against Pakistan - lots of new faces in Pakistan team
2015 win against India - Mustafiz factor
2015 win against South Africa - weak in spinning wicket

In my opinion we can only win in our turf along with some luck. My verdict for 2017
India Test - loose by innings
SL tour - may be 1 ODI win - SL new lads are better than our oldies in terms of consistency, beside they are playing on their turf
Ireland-NZ tri series - will only win 1 game against Ireland.
Champions Trophy - will lose all
Pak series @ home - 1 win in ODI will lose rest of the matches
Aus series - will lose both tests with small margin
SA tour - will lose all the games

so how can we win overseas and become almost unbeatable at home? - we need better consistent players. Need better coaches and tons of games at age and A level in sporting pitches.
Need lots of U19 and A team tour overseas - only pick the players who average 40+ in batting and below 27 in bowling after playing minimum 10 games.
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)