View Single Post
Old August 28, 2006, 07:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
It seems United are struggling to close a deal on Hargreaves because Bayern are reluctant to let him go, despite Hargreaves pleaded to let him transfer as he really wants to play for United. This boy played from his heart for England in the WC, it would be a delight to see what he would do for United. So sad if he can't come...

Although Bayern recently got £8m Van Bommel from Barcelona who could possibly replace Hargreaves, I really hope it happens.. c'mon we are offering £17m!
New Bayern Munich signing Mark van Bommel claims that Owen Hargreaves "is close to leaving" the club. Bayern manager Uli Hoeness had insisted that the imminent arrival of Van Bommel from Barcelona did not pave the way for Hargreaves to join Manchester United.
But Van Bommel hinted Hargreaves will be leaving the German club.
"The chances of playing are so much bigger, they told me, with Michael Ballack gone and Owen Hargreaves close to leaving the club," said Van Bommel.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/5289836.stm

I think what van Bommel said indicates that Man U and Bayern are close to a deal but they were trying to keep it quiet. Well, van Bommel has prolly ruined their plans.