View Single Post
Old May 28, 2017, 12:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Same scenario, and we had to chase it? We would be [not allowed to use asterisk]-ing in our pants.

We need to be more ballsy than nowadays. Teams will be tough, they won't let you walk over them like Ireland (sorry Donal). We need to cultivate free flowing aggression and hark back to our natural game. Discipline is good and dandy, but when it comes to performance you cannot over think it. I bet none of the players got balls to put up a Fahim Ashraf score. And I blame those irritating two commentators for nit picking and hanging on to every single miscued shot and analyzing them with hair split analysis ad infinitum.

These type of signature playing style cannot be imitated. It's like saying how do you develop a Van Gogh like style. Well duh. You can't. The whole definition of a style is frikkin style. It cannot be duplicated.

We are good at playing by the book, and script and algorithm, but when it comes to pressure situation like 2 runs off 3 or thinking out of the box we still need time. Experience will eventually highlight our weaknesses that others will exploit.

Oh well. It's a practice match. Won't lose my sleep over it. But, although I left after first 10 overs thinking it is a defensible score, I had a queasy feeling Pakistan might chase it down with their no nonsense gun ho style.

Well, it should at least raise an alert. You can't be playing footsie in international cricket for too long. You gotta show intent and make the first move. Or else team like India and Australia will make you pay and suffer.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles