View Single Post
Old December 24, 2006, 12:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Arnab bhai,

The only thing you mentioned that made some sense was in your last post about what happens in BD with the Islami telawat. Other than that, none of your arguments could convince me much. You are comparing two countries that are highly different. You're only complaining about the fact that the muslim senator wants to take his oath using Quran and not Bible? To what significance will his oath be of if he takes it using Bible? It's like a story book to the senator...and that wouldn't be, and shouldn't be, convincing enough for the americans if he takes his oath using Bible. If it's me, I would assume that he's lying while taking the oath at the very least.

And second, a question for you. Does US give holidays on Islamic, Hindu, and other holidays like they do to Christian and Jewish? Bangladesh does...not sure about Jewish, but for other holidays...including Hindu, Christian, Budhist, etc. So please, don't compare orange with apple.

Finally, the muslim Indian president a couple of years ago used to say nomoshkar when he used to get on the stage. Don't you think he should have had his right to say "Adab" to address the geral mass? The big Hindu figures in Bangladesh don't get up on the stage and say Salaam, they say either Adab. Azan isn't allowed in Canada...do we complain? Should we complain about it? Or should we just say..."oh it's nonsense"? Not gonna happen bro. The loud speakers in Bangladesh for the various Islamic onushthans disturbs me, and so does the loud Hindu Poojas where they go around with dhols and stuff, and sometimes even playing holi with me.