View Single Post
Old December 24, 2006, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I hate it when the response to "Mr.X did a bad thing" is "but Mr.Y did an even worse thing", so dont criticize Mr. X.

We all know Bangladesh has its ills, but here we are talking about the USA, not Bangladesh. In the other thread you were very critical about anyone using India's actions today to interpret its actions in 1971. But here you have no problem trying to downplay Prager's comments by asking us to see things "in context" to what happens in Bangladesh.

If Imtiz was being irrelevant, then so are you in this thread.
Not really. Alien asked us to give a comment on Prager and his take on it. And I gave mine. This isn't a bash-US only topic, it's much more open ended than the topic of what India did in 1971, which is more limited in scope and way before in the past. Plus Alien's opinion was vague. He was playing the often-used "us vs them" card when he said "filled with hatred against our religion". So I think that considerably broadens the scope of this discussion. I assume that the "us" in Alien's opinion refers to Bangladeshi muslims living anywhere, including Bangladesh. So I think it's fairly relevant to bring up what "we" might do in our own country in a hypothetical situation.