View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I reckon in terms of batting talent Wade is much better of a player. He has a wide variety of shots whereas Haddin can only hit down the ground nothing else.
yeah agree, haddin was a decent bat but wade has more talent and he was consistent with the bat before selection. i think healy has some issue with keepers who can bat better than he could, i mean sure keeping standards have gone down but first of all i don't think haddin is any better than wade with the gloves and secondly healy just can't handle that gilchrist was pretty much equal to healy with the gloves but a better batsman 100 times over. poor wadey did a pretty decent job with the bat so far in tests, his keeping is no worse than any other aussie keeper after gilchrist, the up side is he's still only 25 and has a lot of time to work on his flaws. he surely has the talent to be a quality gloveman, in fact wadey imo has the potential to become the 2nd/3rd best keeper batsman of all time in the longer format. you have gilchrist then probably flower as the 2 best ever to date but i truly believe that wadey has the potential to be mentioned with those 2 by the end of his career.