View Single Post
Old February 4, 2009, 10:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimjay.
which ipl franchise would suit our players best.

that is to say, where will our players benefit most from AND also where they are needed most.

this is what i think:

shakib - i have a strong feeling he will find himself at bangalore royal challengers. they will seek for a player that has the 'x factor' and someone who fills the role of middle order stroke maker and also quality spinner.

ashraful - chennai superkings are definitely lacking t20 middle order batting depth. with albie morkel regularly batting at five, it seems a certain fragment is missing and i believe our own ash is the final piece of the jigsaw.

mortaza - with the pull out of pollock, mumbai indians will be looking to replace the fast medium bowler as best as possible, and who better to do it than our very own mashrafi.

tamim - the deccan chargers have shuffled their top order relentlessly, going from gilchrist-laxman, to gilchrist-gibbs and then to gilchrist-afridi. with the very real risk of gilchrist losing his touch due to his international retirement, it seems prudent that the chargers recruit an up-and-coming t20 star; either to replace gilchrist or be his permanent opening partner. that up-and-coming t20 star is tamim.
youve made some interesting points but,

Adam Gilchrist has become captain for the Deccan Chargers so it is unlikely that they will replace him with Tamim Iqbal. They also have players in the top order as you said like Gibbs and Afridi who can open, so they would probably look to sign an overseas in player who is a bowler, allrounder or a middle order batsman rather than an opener

Chennai Superkings actually have a very strong batting lineup. They have players like Hussey, Dhoni, and Albie Morkel as you say in their middle order and also some other good Indian batsmen like Subramaniam Badrinath and Suresh Raina. So I would say they are most like to sign a fast bowler, because they only have Ntini.

The rumour in India is that Bangalore Royal Challengers are favourites to sign Kevin Pietersen. Since Kevin Pietersen has a base price of 1.3 m, it is likely to suck up their 2 m budget. However, since they are losing someone like Misbah ul Haq and have a relatively weak opening pair, I would tip the Ashraful and Tamim Iqbal to have a better chance of being signed up by Bangalore Royal Challengers.