View Single Post
Old August 2, 2012, 01:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
yawn, imran khan and his cronies seems to have embezzled money meant for the cancer hospital in his mother's name.

as for the people who are hoping for 'Im the dim' as some great saviour, I can only say
Im is the puppet candidate of pakistan army who are fed up with both nawaz sharif's PML and PPP. if he comes to power army will re-start shotgun driving instead of the backseat driving they are having to do today.

I remember saying the same thing when people were waxing eloquent about the egypt movement, that unless the military loses political power *nothing* will change in egypt. a lot of people attacked me then calling me biased and what not.
what do they have to say about egypt's current situation now ?
The way you are saying it as if they have already been found guilty of this. I do not know the truth. However, similar allegations have been thrown at him before by his political opponents. Every time he came out clean. We should not spread misinformation without knowing the whole truth.

Now, if you want to talk about politics. I have been following subcontinent politics very closely over the last five years. Particularly, Indian politics, and to some extent Pakistani politics. As far as I know, Imran being a puppet of Army is also political propaganda by opponents. If he was a puppet he would never have the guts to talk about atrocities committed by the army in 1971. Mind you, Pakistanis in general like to deny any kind of wrong doing by the army in 71. Imran on a number of occasions (one example being WC 2011) criticized the army and demanded Pakistan Gov should apologize. It is a very unpopular statement to make specially if you are a politician. If you want to get a neutral view of Imran's politics, then watch this Al-Jazera documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I7LeKbPGZs

Now, do I think he will make it to the PM office? No, because Pakistanis are way too thick skulled to elect someone honest. If Imran was an Indian or Bangladeshi and he did what he did in Pakistan, he would be serving his second term as PM.

Our immense hatred for Pakistani mentality should not blind us from appreciating a great human being born in that country. I do not care whether Pak apologizes or not. It is not going to stop us from progressing as a country. And I doubt there would be a country called Pakistan in 10 or 15 years. Nor do I care if they progress and change as a country. Even if they apologize it would hardly change anything.

However, my regret is that dude was born in the wrong country. I do not understand urdu much but that video touched my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ftei...layer_embedded

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; August 2, 2012 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: mod.edit