View Single Post
Old January 24, 2010, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
Man i got to give it to you, loyal Ash fan.

Now if i substitute your logic to every other dismissal, no dismissal would be batsman's fault .

"Lets take Tamim, if you look closely, Zaheer was getting the ball to pitch on seam and swing away almost every delivery, but the one Tamim went after did not swing the other way despiste having no change in action. It was just one of those ball which was intended to swing so much but did not. If the ball had swung, that would have been a boundary. Nonetheless, it was a tad rash on Tamim's side to go for such a stroke at that stage. If he could put Ishant/Zaheer off track ....."

Now do the same for every other dismissal

come on mate, Ash just messed up and he knows it to. If anybody shld play a SLA better, he shld be the one coz his team is full of SLA's and all their stock balls/wicket taking balls are one that doesnt spin and goes with the arm, a arm ball. How long would he have played the likes of sakib and razzak in nets ? Its called egoistic overconfidence. Hitting out of misery !!!! May be Dhoni got the trick right there.

cheers !
Padosan
I'l have to disagree with you at some point. Zaheer did intend the ball to nip back to the batsman, where Ojha intended the ball to spin[it was clearly not an arm ball] but it did not. And that's what got him out.
I am not disregarding the fact that Ash exposed himself to such an outcome by taking perhaps a bit too much risk. But he was the 2nd highest run scorer, why is everyone bashing him? Why not Shakib.?? Shakib got out to a very stupid mistake as well.
My point is, if Ash is to be kicked out of the team, so should be Tamim/Imrul/Zunayed/Shakib/Raqibul.