View Single Post
Old July 22, 2012, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Before I get the Tamim lovers all riled up, I am not disputing his talent or record or position in Tests and ODIs.

But here is the concern in T20s.

SR of 92.25 : 125sr by the team gets you a 150 score. If your opener delivers less than 100, think of the pressure that puts on the line up to deliver. Especially if eating up 16.5 balls per match. Thats
15 runs in 3 power play overs. sure you'll have days like the 1st T20 of picking up a larget total but more often than not you'll struggle to 130-140 like the latter two games.

0 6's: 297 balls faced, no sixes.

HS 39 : in 18 matches as an opener !

Dot balls : Take away the 40 4's from the 297 deliveries faced, thats 114 runs in 257 balls !!!! Means lack of singles and rotation of strike. If his shots don't clear, then there is nothing for BD in that shot.

Other things that don't show up on the stats is the pressure put on the opening partner to seek strike and push the scoreboard and in turn everyone else down the order.

I personally think Junaid is well suited for this format and if he can undo the reigning in that has been done of him in the past few years, he can be the explosive start we need at the top.

Since Tamim will get a chance to prove himself at the SLPL, I would want to see Junaid/Ash tried out in the remaining 2 matches.