View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 02:49 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
So we have to find bowlers who are capable of bowling with the new ball and therein lies the problem, so few if any Bangladeshi pacers have this skill. The situation is getting pretty desperate for Bangladesh. I don't think Mashrafe will be able to play Tests again otherwise he would have been an obvious option.
I would go with Nazmul Hossain, yes, he has no pace, I think everyone is aware of that, but I think he is capable of getting movement with the new ball like he did in the Test against Pakistan, and if he consistently bowls like that then he will get wickets just like he did in that game:-

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/538073.html

He will on occasion get blasted by the opposition but I think he is worth the risk as top order wickets are precious and vital to win Tests. Also Vernon Philander has shown that pace isn't everything, control and consistency come into it too (P.S. I'm not comparing Nazmul to Philander!).
Totally agree on the assessment regarding Nazmul. He moves it both ways and could take up the role Sayed Rasel used to play for us with the new ball.