View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 11:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Sure I like EPL, but a lot of great players never played for EPL teams. Doesnt mean I dont like them. EPL is not the factor. The factor is to be a legend you have to play at the highest level throughout your entire career. playing 2-3 seasons amazingly and then dropping to low standards, I dont consider that legendary performance. I dont hate him, I just dont think he is a legend. I respect him, but I would have had much more respect for him if he had retired after the 2006 world cup, he just wasnt fit enough to play. And then it was just downfall for him, sold from Madrid, dropped from Milan main XI, none of these are great things for someone like him. There is a limit for everything, he exceeded it, and I think he paid for it He scored some great goals in his time, but that time was small.

And Cricman, I dont think Brazil was the best league, atleast not when he was in it, by far. One can argue between La Liga and EPL, but not Brazil. Agreed with you that he was plagued by injuries and it really hurt his career as a whole but still, thats football, you gotta get up and keep moving. If you become lazy and dont get back on track when you have the oppurtunity, you fall behind. Thats what happened to him. His career skyrocketed in 2002, but then it just kept falling, he never got back up. Again, EPL is not the answer here, I dont care whether he played in EPL or not. I just dont think he should have played after 2006, that certainly made me lose a lot of respect for him. If you compare the 2002 Ronaldo with the 2008 Ronaldo, you will see what I am talking about. The speed, the dribbling, the agility, nothing that defined Ronaldo in 2002 was there. He was a great player, no questions, just dont think he was a legend or as some of you are saying the best striker in the world, certainly for a few years, but not one of the best EVER.