View Single Post
Old February 12, 2012, 07:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I'm curious to know why you think that? I mean, I agree, but with some hesitation. I think these are some of the things that prevent us from being a so-called real democracy (besides the obvious corruption and dynastic politics):

1. Identity crisis. Are you a Bengali first or are you a Muslim foremost? Are you Americanized, Bollywoodized, Ingrej or khati deshi? Is it possible to reconcile their differences? If so, how? Or, better yet, how without being hypocritical or a mixture of contradictions? And what about those Hindus/Christians/Buddhists and Tribal/Indigenous people that we hear about in the news from time to time? Bangladesh has been sold as a homogeneous country for a long time but it's clear that we're not. We need to accept these differences, respect and celebrate them. Easier said than done of course and we can see the kinds of problems that established heterogeneous countries like the US and India have..

2. Lack of political and legal education. An elected government has relatively free reign but an opposition party(ies) need to know how to effectively oppose in and out of Parliament and the public needs to be more aware of their rights.

3. A truly independent judiciary with a more efficient and transparent criminal justice system.
Navo, after reading that I have nothing but the utmost admiration, respect and love for you. Our (Bangladesh) true genuine strength lies in our Multi-culturism, the different religious practices, festivals and the compassion and understanding and bond that is built and nurtured between all these groups, our Hindus, Shiatte, Sunnis, Chrisitians, Buddhists, Athiest, our great Tribal indigenous Bangladeshis.

Since we Moslems and to be exact Sunnis are the main mass majority in our country, and since we sunnis are not getting oppressed by any other in our country, we, I have to ask the true understanding/education/mindset of the ones that do the religion driven crime/torture/murders. Because if they were truly energized by the true concept of Al-Islam, they should know we all have responsibility to protect our minorities from these scumbags. From my understanding from the Al-Quran, in the Surat 'Al-Imran" Allah said you practice your religion and let your neighbour practice his and hers. And to co-exist peacefully. Al-Islam originated in the Arabian Peninsula in a homogenous fabric of people but it proliferated very quickly among diffenrent nearby lands and other ethnic groups of people. So if I can accept another ethnic person as my religious brother, why cannot I accept a man of my own ethnic, village, social group who happened to have a different faith than mine? We must understand that we are all humans, and we are humans first, and if we truly believe Allah the Supreme Master of all known and unknown, He is the Creator of all living beings, HOW can I then cut one of His creations' head because he (the minority human) is of a different faith?

As always the people in power in Bangladesh, most of them are corrupt and have no souls and they are Criminals. It is them who systematically engage all the less educated, unemployed youth toward an idea of Hate. They use them to loot, destroy and kill the minorities for the Powerful's benifit and gain. these people are constatntly steering the country and the sociaty toward a Hate mongering ethnocentric, savage, barbaric and filled with darkness way of life. Of course Navo, what am I writing here...this is nothing new to you and me, we all knew this..

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 13, 2012 at 02:10 AM..