View Single Post
Old January 22, 2010, 04:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he is replaceable, but the selectors and siddons obviously have no confidence in the back-up players. they're holding on to the fact that he makes a century every 10 matches, i'm sure in not so much time tamim will be doing that, mushy could be doing it if he was a couple of spots higher in the order, shakib if he gets his head in gear will be able to do it, riyad is no mug with the bat and i've no dout that naeem can be successful.

as other's have said and i've said in the past, unless you give the others a chance you're not going to know whether they can replace ash or not, but a couple of players have done enough to deserve the chance and ash hasn't done enough to deserve his spot in the team. boggles the mind what's going through siddons and selectors head, i just don't get it.

also ash isn't good underpressure, he's good under one specific type of pressure which is when he's about to be dropped, but we want a player who can perform when the team is underpressure and in a difficult spot like in the last test match. if ash was good under pressure then BD would have won a lot more matches because he would have pulled them out of a lot more situations but he hasn't. much like his match winner tag the pressure tag comes with coincidence, just because he's done it on occassion doesn't mean he's good at those things, he's played soo many matches he's bound to have a couple of good days.