View Single Post
Old March 15, 2015, 04:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ So, basically no Bangali ever played for Pakistan? Niaz Ahmed was born in India (Benares) and have died in Pakistan.
Raquibul Hasan Played for Pakistan Test team, but as a 12th man. He played for Pakistan national team against Commonwealth XI. He also played First class match against New Zealand and scored 50. Ashraful was also included in the Pakistan Team to tour Sri Lanka, but the our liberation war started before the tour.

As far I know the following players were considered for the Pakistan Test team:

Hira, Latif, Daulatuzzaman, Saifuddin Manik (Later he became a leader of the Comminust Party), and Bakul.

I heard from my father that Bakul used to play for Eaglets Cricket Club and was the best wicket keeper that time, but the chief selector Hafiz Kardar was reluctant to take any Bengali player.

Another palyer Rauf Ansari probably played for Pakistan. He was a West Pakistani, but used to live in Dhaka for his father's job.

In 1970 Jahangir Shah Badshah also impressed the selectors by his great performance in the national championship. He took the wickets of several Test players including Asif Iqbal.