View Single Post
Old February 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Barisal named as 4th semi-finalist

But later the same day a joint meeting by the BPL Governing Council and Technical Committee examined the playing conditions and its interpretations and made the following ruling:
1. Duronto Rajshahi (14 points) and Khulna Royal Bengals (12 points) finished top two on points and qualify for the semis as the 1st and 2nd placed teams respectively.
2. Three teams - Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings are on equal (10) points. Dhaka Gladiators have most wins from meetings with Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings and therefore qualify as the 3rd semifinalist.
3. With Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings both having one win against each other the 4th qualifier had to be decided on the basis of superior net run rate. Barisal edged ahead of Chittagong on net run rate to become the 4th semifinalist.

http://bplt20.com.bd/news/barisal-na...alist-bpl.html
"Dhaka Gladiators have most wins from meetings with Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings and therefore qualify as the 3rd semifinalist"

Hang on, so here they are taking into account DG's result against both CK and BB. DG have 3 win out of 4.

"With Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings both having one win against each other the 4th qualifier had to be decided on the basis of superior net run rate. "

CK have 2 win out of 4 against DG and BB. BB have only 1 win out of 4 against DG & CK.Now how come they are considering BB and CK's result only against each other and not against DG.

The dcocument of rules clearly states that the number of wins in between multiple teams tied on the same point would come ahead of NRR. The number of win being considered here is not against each other, it's against the rest of the two or more teams tied on the same point. If it was only against each other as they are pointing out for CK & BB, then DG wouldn't qualify ahead of CK as they are 1-1 against each other.

After reading the rules, now i feel that CK have been robbed.

Lipu and the BPL Governing Council are pure jokes. Also how come they were allowing teams to fly in players at this stage of the tournament? CK were supposed to fly in Wahab Riaz and Umar Akmal. I know they provided an window to sign in 4 additional players in the middle of the tournament, but that window was closed on the 22nd of Feb. As it stands,any team can essentially bring in any player at any time. Then what's the point of an auction?