View Single Post
Old March 18, 2011, 02:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfjkl
If you play safe, you will be always mediocre.
Tamim will be either a big hero or a big mouth
I can't see any other option for him.
Is Hashim Amla a Mediocore? What about Kalis, Trott, Hussey, Ghambhir, Sangakara, Jawawardane? None of them are as explosive as Tamim, Shehwag or Gayle but they are still successful. You need the right frame of mind to be successful. You can't go bang bang everywhere everyday. And you can't be too complacent. You have to give the due respect to a bowler. I think international bowlers have already figured out Tamim's weakness. This is not the first time he got bowled against swinging fast Ball. Bresnan did it couple of times in the last BD tour as well. You can't always get away saying the ball was unplayable. Bowlers will bowl extra ordinary balls. You have to decide how you will deal with them. Tamim should shut his mouth and work on his batting and fitness or else he will embarass himself.

When will our batters learn to play according to the merit of the ball? Sometimes they look so confused. They seem to decide before the match how will they approach in the crease. Somedays they are too defensive, on other days they will go after every single ball. I have seen this in Ashraful, Junaed, Tamim a few times. In the match against WI Ashraful seemed to try a particular shot from the very begining. He looked so satisfied when he scored that boundary through extra cover after trying few times. He didn't stop playing his fancy shots even in that disastrous situation. Shakib wanted to score a big six off Benn's first ball without knowing where will he bowl and paid the price. Tamim and Shakib may not be as bad as Ashraful but they have similarities in mindset. I am not saying these just because Tamim scored ducks and we were all out for 58 against WI but every time I watched Tamim play I had my heart in my mouth even when he scored those centuries against England.

Last edited by firstlane; March 18, 2011 at 03:23 AM..