View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 06:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
As far as I go Athar Ali Khan is a living legend of Bangladesh cricket. As a cricketer he was fiesty even though he had a very little opportunity at the highest level. As a commentator he is positively biased...towards Bangladesh He has backspine. No matter what the Ram (iz) Paza and his likes throw at him and BD our own Ata will be there to give it back to them. I simply like him as to how he almost never forget to highlight our very limited successes be it individuals or team. Let alone foreign commies even that ShamCha doesnt even know most of our players or their achievements.

Some folks here mock Ata for his inability to speak the "Queen's English". I suggest they look elsewhere to meet the need of their Englishophilia. Shakespeare, Dickens, Blake, D H Lawrence or Wordsworths come to mind. Cricket isnt a linguistic or literary seminary. Having said all that, I do get somewhat a little annoyed at times when our Ata gets a little too "cocky" or "lippy" with other fellow commies. Sometimes he just need to take the chill pill and breath a little bit more and curb his passion and excitement a wee bit.

No, I'm not embarrassed by him. I LOVE him.
Top post. You spoke my mind.