View Single Post
Old May 21, 2013, 06:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
BCB should really look to get us a couple of 4-dayers in Ireland, IMO. The way we neglect FC cricket is astounding. Anyways the players I think should play are...

1) Jaharul
2) Soumya
3) Anamul
4) Mominul
5) Nasir (*)
6) Nurul Hasan (+)
7) Sabbir
8) Saqlain Sajib
9) Al Amin Hossain
10) Kamrul Islam Rabbi
11) Taskin Ahmed

I've picked Jaharul because he's still relatively inexperienced, and if he sorts his temperament issues, he is actually not a terrible opening batsman. Soumya gets in on his obvious talent and is the only guy who is a long term partner for Tamim. Anamul should work towards developing as a #3 or #4, depending on if Ash can hold his position down or not. Same with Mominul. Nasir gets in because we can test out his captaincy and also give him a taste of English conditions. Bearing in mind the 2015 WC will be in similar conditions, and is quickly approaching. Not really sure which seamers should be there besides Taskin, and not sure of the spinners either. Too many SLAs for my liking. On the fence about Hom because I really don't undertand the hype about him. He was perhaps a touch unlucky having not failed in his debut, but with a middle order of Shakib, Mushy, Nasir it would always be tough to cement a spot. Although with Riyad there is probably an open spot available, but it appears as though Mominul and perhaps even Anamul are ahead of him in the pecking order. His domestic form has also been pretty woeful.

Reserves that should make the trip:

Dewan Sabbir
Abu Jayed
Nur Hossain
Asif Ahmed
Alauddin Babu
for sure shuvagata is behind the likes of anamul and mominul, but like you said riyad's spot is definitely in question and in the shorter formats so is mominuls. reckon it would be good if asif ahmed was to make the trip, he's #3 that can open and those are our main trouble spots in the batting and he's been pretty consistent over the years at least in FC stuff.

so you've got marshall missing out (can't fit in everybody), actually it's good to see that there are enough batsmen contending for spots that even someone like marshall isn't a sure bet for the A team.