View Single Post
Old March 28, 2011, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
shakibrulz, the thread is needed because the team players and management are trying to highlight those 3 wins as all perfect things. In BC, you have certainly observed a set of fans are considering those 58 and 78 innings as one-off things. It is obvious to you and me, but not to many of us.
Fair enough

Quote:
PP should be taken according to the match situation. There is no rigid rule for that. Against India we were chasing a huge total and we had to take it early. The fear of losing wicket does not apply in all cases.
See, I agree with you here, it's like stating the obvious over and over again. But what I said was I could understand why they didn't wanted to take the PP. This WC itself has witnessed a lot of collapses in the batting PP.
Quote:
As I told in another thread, I do not mind players getting out for an occasional duck; but when they regularly fail to capitalize on starts, they have big big problems. For Junaed you do not need 11 fielders, just use 3: the bowler, an wicket-keeper and a deep mid-wicket fielder. Bowl him one good length delivery one ft outside the off stump and he will be caught within 3 deliveries after missing to connect the first two.
Yeah that's an issue with him alright. Coming into the world cup, he scored 2 50's in Zimbabwe series. And now he's dropped when he is out of form. Sounds good to me.