View Single Post
Old January 30, 2008, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Is this a Hature Fatwa by Puck the Trickster? Cunning way of shifting focus? ...You are yet to reply to my post regarding Arabic grammer on "is this correct English"...so, I assume Arabic is not your cup of Chai. Allow me to explain some basics of Arabic- in classical Arabic, the pronoun Hua (He) although masculine but may also contain the feminine pronoun Hea (she)in very rare usuages. That besides the point, In the Quran God addresses Himself as He in the masculine gender. "He" I used is masculine but also metaphorical as I dont believe God is a Man... something akin to the royal We in English. Out of all people, you should have no problem understanding this as you so frequently showboat great erudtion, punditry, culture and knowledge!

Nice try tho'!
i am afraid i don't have the time to read or follow up on every single thread here. you are quite correct. i can't profess much of an understanding of arabic. i only studied classical arabic for a couple of years and then subsequently taught students for a number of years. i am certainly open to more tuition though from more learned arabic teachers.

the arabic hu'a or for that matter how is sees the creator is not in discussion here. since you seem to be so intent on preaching a particular brand of islam and shooting down all those who have an opposing viewpoint, i am quite correct in pointing out your own showboating, which in this case thinks of the creator in masculine terms.