View Single Post
Old May 25, 2005, 05:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am not saying Munir is wayward. But dav included him because he was able to perform in English condiitons most importantly pick up wickets at a regular interval whereas Tapash failed to do so.

There is no point in being economical in test cricket unless your strike rate is good. Bangladeshi fast bowlers should be concerned with strike rate and average rather than economy rate of 5 or 6 an over. I am not insinuating Tapash is not a good bowler ... on the contrary he is probably more consistent bowler in the sub continent pitches than Munir. Otherwise tapash would not be in the national team. However since this is first test tour for BD, tapash's previous exposure in ODIs in english condition counted for little in this instance as dave was more interested in his performance in the longer version of the game. 2 practice matches proved that he was more expensive than his usualself. Anyway be it munir or tapash, it is not going to be easy against english batsman. I would rather look forward to our premier fast bowlers ... Mashrafe and Shahadat ( the fastest bowler) to deliver the goods. I don't see Aftab getting wickets unless english are gifting it to him ...

I can see tapash being included in the final XI for the 2nd test if any of the 3 fast bowlers fail to impress.

Edited on, May 25, 2005, 10:56 PM GMT, by amim.