View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Here is the summary:

1.The decision taken is an emotional one. I don't think he played any tricks as per some conspiracy theorists here.
2. It is true that Mushfiq is not the best tacticians around when it comes to captaincy. So one part of me feels he is not the right man for this job. His blunders on field were preposterous and the most worrisome was the fact that he NEVER rectified his mistakes.
3. It is also true that there is simply no one left to handover the captaincy to. I think regardless of what happens, Mushfiq will retain the captaincy.

Quote:
Its not a case of under-estimating. Zimbabwe were thrashed by West Indies, and on the other hand were giving Lanka a run for the money. The issue is, our players have that extra pressure of being "favourties" against Zimbabwe. ZImbabwe had everything going in their way, tosses, umpiring decisions. The better team won at the end of the day.

The only thing we can do is to hope that we finish the tour on a good note, by winning the last 2 T20s. Our pride is at stake
I completely agree with this statement. Bangladesh is still a better team in everyway compared to Zim and I would have said this if we were thrashed 3-0 2-0 in test and ODI by them. Its a fact that we can't handle the "favorites' tag whereas the Zims clearly had everything to prove when they were against us. Its an issue of pressure not complacency.