View Single Post
Old May 27, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I saw him bowl against Surrey and immediately realised he isn't anything special which is why I didn't include him any of my starting XIs. I was adamant that it should be Shafiul, Shahadat and Rubel who should play. But instead Shafiul who is the best pacer in the country at the moment has been dropped for this loser. I can confidently say that he won't go anywhere.

And LMAO some people who claimed to have seen him bowl were saying he is faster than Shafiul and at around Rubel's pace. It turns out he bowls at the same pace as Shahadat. I would take players like Shuvashish and Rasel who can consistently hold down a line and length than Robiul any day.
it was me who said he can bowl more than shafiul pace.

now remember shafiuls debut in ODI's in tri series. was he bowling with pace that time ??? no he just looked another alamgir kabir to everybody. not too much pace and wayward. but selectors continued to give him chance and in the test matches agaisnt india we saw shafiul bowl with pace and some consistency. so shafiul had low pace in his debut and slowly he started to gain pace.

the few games i saw Rabiul i did not have speed metres. i just guessed as he looked pacey. today he started in 70-75 and later bowled 80-85 some times. may be its the debut nervousness. may be tomorrow or second innings or another test we may see him bowl 85+ which is close to rubel pace.

anyway lets see what robiul can do in future.