View Single Post
Old March 12, 2010, 06:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
I would like to just add an unbiased view on Bangladesh. I look at the team and you have some talented players and potential. But I just worry about the mentality of the whole Bangladesh setup. The reason I say this is because Shakib's decision to bowl was the fact that he thought the England Attack may get a few wickets in the morning. I think the only way for you to win a test match is to bat first and put pressure on the opposition by scoring a decent total. Because any team that scores over 300 against you looks like a huge target to your batsmen. The batsmen then panic and you are 40 -4 before you know it. Your bowlers would have more confidence if they had a total of 350 to defend . I hope that I am wrong but I can not see you scoring 450 runs in the total test match . This is because the England team will have 550 plus on the board and the batsmen will not know whether to attack or defend and indecision costs you wickets.

For the rest of the series I hope that you can get some good individual performances. I don't blame siddons either . The old saying you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink it applies. I just hope on Day two and the rest of the series we see some fight from your lads.
you are absolutely right. I dont know when was the last time BD batted first after winning the toss irrespective of pitch condition.