View Single Post
Old August 26, 2002, 04:17 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Inquilab reports

* Sanwar Hossain will be included in the tour of South Africa for sure.

* Nannu's fitness and fielding is the only reason for not including him - either Physio (Trainer?!?) Gavin Benjafield or John Gloster says that his fitness and fielding is very poor.

* If I include my word and the words of Inquilab reports then - As per the evidence that I have shown on this messege board - the scorecards - that our previous national teams in 1994 and in 1997 were - Para Mohollar - team. (Exact words of Inquilab is: The Kenyan team has lowered the standard of our Bangladesh A - the second string side of a test playing nation - team into - para mohollar team) - which in my words a little bit of exaggeration.

Ektu ghurie bolle - It is the infrustructure, the pitch condition - everything off the field that are required to play the game of cricket - of the current Bangladesh is such that nothing has improved since 1994 and even 1997 and so both our national team then and our BD A team now were and are para mohollar team.

Source: http://www.dailyinqilab.com/august26/pdf/s1.pdf

* Number of tours abroad by Bangladesh A team will be decreased.

* BCB president is not happy himself regarding the performance of the two Pakistani coaches, but he will come to a decision after watching them for 6 more months.

* BCB president and the selectors are regretting for announcing the names of the ICC Champions squad so early - stating also that players who are already in the ICC Champion's squad have not taken this Kenya tour seriously.