View Single Post
Old February 19, 2011, 04:58 PM
Street Cricketer

+1 to Shakil. Very good post. Good analysis, good understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakil_TX
The moment our bowlers allowed India to score 370 runs, we lost the match right at that moment. Our batsmen are simply not capable of scoring 371 runs specially against a strong team like India. I will not blame our batsmen, in my opinion they actually did a great job scoring 283 runs against India. I am afraid it was our poor and below par bowling that let us down. Our bowling was loose and toothless. Our bowlers bowled with no venom and with very poor line and length. Too many loose deliveries that allowed Indian batsmen to score at ease. At no point did our bowlers threaten the Indian batsmen. I also think our field placement was poor too. If you look at the way the Indian bowlers bowled, they did not do anything spectacular or extraordinary, the kept it simple and bowled stump to stump with much more accurate line and length. Spin bowling is our main strength but yet our spinners (including Shakib) looked ordinary and inapt with their efforts. I don't know if it was the pressure of the ocassion but our bowling looked really ordinary and harmless, our bowlers posed absolutely no threat to the Indian batsmen.

That all being said, I think India is a very strong team and most teams will find it difficult competing against them. In my opinion they could actually go all the way and win the world cup. So in that context I don't think we did too bad. But our players and coaches really need to go back to the drawing board and work on our bowling, field placement and oh! we really need learn how take our power play at the right time. It looks like we are always taking it way too late and therefore we are not scoring that many runs in our 2nd power play.

Anyway CONGRATS to INDIA for winning today's match. You guys were obviously the better team to win. Good Luck with your next matches. Meanwhile I hope our players will go back and regroup and come back hard for the next game against Ireland. GO TIGERS!!! GO GET EM!!