View Single Post
Old November 29, 2012, 02:44 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Very good post shuziboro. We can argue about coach Ian's work with our pacers during his tenure. We obviously have every right to do it as fans. I don't think we can argue with his passion for our cricket though and many fans here would agree with that.

One of the main things that I've really liked about coach Ian is the way he backs our best performers such as Tamim and Shakib but also backs our disappointing players such as Ash and Rocky. The only player I've seen him not be too kind to is Nazimuddin but of course I can't blame him for that. The key is that it seems he connects with our players very well.

I know it's an extremely challenging task when coming from developed countries such countries such as Australia and England to a developing country like Bangladesh. Both are very different societies and something that works in England and Australia may not work in Bangladesh. So when we find a coach that can connect with our players, that is a big bonus.

I'll admit I was unsure of how Ian would do with the Dhaka Gladiators in the BPL. After seeing his performance there, I came out impressed. Ash actually looked more at ease and played pretty consistently. Also the way he backed a young player like Anamul to go out and in the top 3 was special as well. The key to him compared to our other coaches in my opinion was the backing of our local players and not only on international stars.

Thanks a bunch for your support over the years coach Ian and hopefully you continue to stick around here on BC.
This is one of the nicest posts I have ever read. Tiger444 onek dhonyobad.

Your point about coming to Bangladesh from England as an Englishmen is well made. It took me a while to get used to life in Dhaka. Some don't ever settle.