View Single Post
Old March 28, 2010, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
if younish khan also retires...i can't help but think that Pakistan will be a team barely above BD in the world game.

we should organize a Test series with them after the NZ tour. their bowling attack will be a good test for our batsmen.
Fully agree with Al on the above...We may not have gotten a win out of this series, what we did get is a lot of visible progress especially in the batting dept. Now we know for sure gone are the days when opposition would score 550+ and we'd get skittled out twice for 150 and 180 (as pointed out by ATMR elsewhere). In the following phase we consistently performed well in one of two innings--be it 1st or 2nd.

I think now we're transitioning onto a new phase--2 yrs down the road it'll be easier to look back and confirm--where we consistently perform very well in one innings and reasonably/somewhat well in the other...I think what that'll do is help us find a solid identity as a team--that of a Rapidly Improving Home Team (regardless of our overseas performances).

Here's what I expect of our team in the near future--next couple years we'll see a lot more drawn tests at home. In two test match series' the final score lines will start looking like 1-0 as opposed to 2-0. In the ensuing years we'll start drawing both matches and we'll get adept at securing 0-0 score lines. Meantime I'll be waiting for a surprise win against any one of WI/Pak/NZ/Eng with higher odds of success against a team in that particular order.