View Single Post
Old July 18, 2013, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Default How Don Bradman Would Fare In Todays Cricket

Heres sth i always ponder about. How would Don Bradman fare in todays cricket? When i say today i mean the 20-25 years (1990+).

Obviously cricket in the last 20-25 years is more intense than the cricket played in the previous era. More emphasis on fitness, batting, bowling have evolved, fielding has become ever so important. The last 25 years have also seen some of the best bowlers in the history of the game be it Wasim, Waqar, McGrath, Donald, Walsh, Kumble, Warne, Murali, Mushtaq, Saqlain. We have also seen bowlers who can bowl at extreme pace-Lee, Akhter. The benchmark of fielding improves by the day, now even the South Asian countries are exceptional in fielding sth that was an rarity in the previous eras.

Now put Bradman in these last 25 years-more busy cricketing schedule, ODI, Test, T20. Year round cricket, tours. Quality bowling, stakes are higher, pressure is greater. Would he succeed the same way he did in his time.

Is Bradman the greatest batsman of all time, or is it one of Tendulkar and Lara who have played under more professional, challenging circumstances?