View Single Post
Old November 1, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Same squad as expected. I will tinker with the line-up though. Its time to send a message to Zunaid. I would play him, but hand the opening job to someone else, maybe to Rahim ( to redeem himself ) or Naeem ( to see what he has to give with the bat ). 3,4,5 -unchanged. Zunaid will get demoted in the line -up and come at no.6 to close out if needed. Hopefully, we won't need him to bat. He will field, and field all day, instead of getting a break from the game and relax with his legs up on a chair. Worse than his lack of production is the manner he has been getting out. For someone who gets out more often than anybody in the line-up after getting set is simply unacceptable. Very important for him to realize this.
The idea/strategy is not that bad. Big Z needs to realize and he also will suffer complexity next match as expectation rose and his confidence level diminished due to bad performances last couple of matches. Rahim or Naeem can be tried.

Fielding and Wicket keeping got to be improved, I have a feeling that Zimb will come hard at us this time. Sakib needs to play a captain's knock to ensure nothing goes against us.