View Single Post
Old June 9, 2009, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib
Default Dear Test Cricket

Okay, I figure we need a thread to give us a break from BD's current woes for a bit. So here it is a little bit of humor:

Dear Test Cricket,

I remember the day we first met. A great man named Richard Hadlee introduced me to you. I fell in love with you and stayed true to you through out the years. Even with the temptations of your younger sister One Day Cricket, who constantly tempted me, I never strayed away from you. Sure I enjoyed her presence and handled her with the look but don’t touch approach, but you were always the one for me.

Now however, I am leaving you for another. Her name is T20 and she is younger, vibrant and much more fun to be around. It started as innocent flirting but recently it has become more than that. I still respect you for what you are but its just that its not working out between us. I am older and more busy and I don’t have the time to spare that you so desperately need of me.

Its just that in the past 29 years I’ve known you, you haven’t changed. And that’s a bad thing because everything else has. You still hold on to old school values and expect me to conform that is just not logical in today’s age. I still admire you for your integrity and still find you beautiful but I just don’t see us being together as strongly as we once were.

T20 understands my needs and fulfills me. I only have so much time to spare for cricket and she understands that. I hope you understand. I’ll still love you from afar but for us to be together like before simply can not be.

Lovingly
Your Ex