View Single Post
Old December 20, 2010, 06:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
For an example, if we consider an opening spell:
Bret lee will probably bowl slowers, slow bouncers, stock balls, yorkers etc to Tamim in T/20, but not in Test/ODIs. Tamim is familiar with those Test/ODI bowling tactics. But might need to learn few more tricks for T/20s. He also have to understand the game more to get success.
(ofcourse, it will come with experiences)
dont get me wrong i appreciate what are you trying to say..........
but a great player is a great player in any form of the game....now tamim isnt great yet but he has signs of greatness........i know a good test players doesnt always make a good limited version player...look at bashar for instance...his test record is better than his odi ones...even strike rates....why...because he profited from the fact that there are no boundary riders in test....whereas in odis his lack of power hitting was exposed.....but same cant be said about tamim.....he has raw strength...impacable positioning.....incredible bat speed.....good hand eye coordination and array of strokes.....so he has all the ingredients to impact a t20 match....and as far as his t20 record is concerned, yes he has underperformed but certainly didnt play enough matches to write him off......