View Single Post
Old May 2, 2013, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
See up until today I never thought of it like That. When I played as a kid, I was given the impression that it brings out the dead guys alive! Makes more sense now....

Also, the rock is a boat in bangla? Haati, ghora, Nouka...tf
Don't tf this.

Aren't you aware that chess originated in the Indian subcontinent in the early ADs? The game was called chaturanga (four parts) where the four parts constituted the 4 major pieces of the traditional army - foot soldiers, elephant, horse, and the chariot (this became the boat in the riverine Bengal delta). As you notice all mobile elements of war. If you want to tf - then wht tf is a Bishop doing in a war or a immobile rook moving about in the battlefield?

In the subcontinental version the queen was useless - moving only 1 square in any direction (just like the king) and then horse moved 2 squares.

Around the 11th 12th century chess made it into Persia and became very popular there. The king is 'shah' and every time the the king was attacked the Persians would shout 'Shah Mat' - hence check and checkmate.

Chess eventually made it to Europe via the Arabs (Moors) and the Ottomans around the the 14th-15th century and morphed eventually into the game we play today.

So don't tf without knowing.

And PS: it's not the rock, it's the rook.

Rock is an interesting piece. You cold use it in battle.