View Single Post
Old January 23, 2007, 11:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

my take on the issues:
pilot:wc should be his last international outing.mushfiq is the obvious replacement,but for the world cup,mashud's experience will be handy in case our top order fails.
rasel:i dont see any difference between him,tapash,and sharif bowling wise.all three bowl around 70-75 mph with no real threat to quality batsmen.in wi,wickets will be flat and low.so all three will be smashed around the park.tapash and sharif have improved their batting significantly.but sharif's ability to swing old ball will add variation to the bowling attack.plus masri still seems uncomfortable bolwing in slog overs.sharif can be handy in this scenario.so,i will pick sharif.
opener:stay with mehrab jr.bd pinch hitters will get out in no time in front of quality fast bowling and create pressure on nafees.if mehrab can stay in the middle,it will provide stability in the top order.if on of the pinch hitters is chosen,then we will have three hard hitters in a row.tamim/junaed,aftab and ash.these three guys can get out in one over trying to hit six/four.in order to put some stability,i will choose mehrab as nafees' partner.